Florida Commercial Flood Insurance

The aftermath of hurricane Irma and Harvey left a devastating toll on the residents and businesses. Most people understand that they can purchase Flood Insurance for their home, but unaware that their business can get the same protection! Florida Commercial Flood Insurance is available to protect your building and/or your business personal property. Best of all…it’s affordable! Contact Barbee Jackson Insurance today for your free quote 850-389-2001!

Two Types of Florida Commercial Flood Insurance

  1. Building Coverage up to $500,000
  2. Business Personal Property up to $500,000

Building Coverage

Building coverage describes the commercial structure that is being insured. Coverage limits are available up to $500,000 if your building requires higher amounts of insurance an Excess Flood Insurance policy can be purchased by an outside insurance carrier.

What is included under Building Coverage

  • Structure and foundation
  • Electrical and plumbing
  • Water heater
  • Air conditioning including ducts, furnace, and ventilating equipment
  • Permanently installed carpet, wallboards, bookcases, and cabinets
  • Canopies and awnings
  • Refrigeration equipment
  • Walk-in coolers and freezers
  • Outdoor antennas and aerials attached to building
  • Fire extinguishing apparatus and fire sprinkler systems

Business Personal Property

Business Personal Property refers to the contents in the structure.

  • Inventory
  • Furniture and fixtures
  • Machinery and equipment
  • Portable equipment
  • Artwork and furs (limited to $2,500 in total)
  • Non-licensed vehicles if stored inside the building
  • Up to 10 percent of contents coverage to improvements made to a building the insured occupies as a tenant

Ready to make the sound decision and find out more about Florida Commercial Flood Insurance?

Call one of our Licensed Experts today 850-389-2001!


There is a 30-day waiting period from the time the policy is purchased until the policy is bound unless required by a mortgage.

Q & A – Florida Commercial Flood Insurance

What’s Covered under your Florida Commercial Flood Insurance?

Direct loss of your building and/or contents from a flood. A flood is best described as a large amount of water on land that is usually dry. The National Flood Insurance Program definition of a flood is “a general and temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of two or more acres of normally dry land area or of two or more properties (at least one of which is your property) from:

  • Overflow of inland or tidal water
  • Unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source
  • Mudflow*
  • Collapse or subsidence of land along the shore of a lake or similar body of water as a result of erosion or undermining caused by waves or currents of water exceeding anticipated cyclical levels that result in a flood as dined above”

*Mudflow – “a river of liquid and flowing mud on the surface of normally dry land area, as when earth is carried by a current of water. Other earth movements such as a landslide, slop failure, or saturated soil mass moving by liquidity down a slope, are not mudflows.”

Does building coverage cover business personal property?

No, building coverage only covers the structure that is insured as described on the policy declaration. Business personal property is a separate available coverage.

What is not covered under a Flood Insurance Policy, both Building and Business Personal Property?

  • Financial losses as result of business interruption.
  • Self-propelled vehicles such as cars
  • Living expenses such as temporary housing
  • Damage caused by moisture, mildew, or mold that could have be avoided by the building owner
  • Property and belongings such as seawalls, trees, plants, septic systems, walkways, decks, patios, fences, hot tubs, and swimming pools
  • Currency, precious metals, and valuable papers such as stock certificates, scripts, and recorded data

*More items are excluded, please contact our office for me details.

Why is there a 30-day waiting period?

This is to prevent people from buying Flood Insurance prior to a natural disaster. Without a waiting period would be like buying fire insurance while the house is on fire.

How are Florida Commercial Flood claims paid?

Claims are paid at Actual Cash Value (ACV). ACV is the cost to replace an insured item at the time of loss minus depreciation.

Barbee Jackson Insurance Your Trusted Commercial Insurance Experts

Contact us today at 1-850-389-2001 for your free Florida Commercial Insurance Quote or fill out the form at the top of this page.

Request A Free Quote