Commercial Truck Insurance is a highly specialized business. Most, if not all, your local insurance agencies don’t have the expertise or right insurance carriers to handle your type of business. That is why Barbee Jackson Insurance is the number one writer of Semi-Truck Insurance in the Southeast. We have a dedicated team of agents that have the knowledge to provide you an accurate quote in just a few minutes.
What we need to provide you a Commercial Truck Insurance Quote
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Number
- Tractor and Trailer Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Year, Make, Model, and Value
- Commodities Hauled
- Driver and Owner – Name, Date of Birth, Driver License Number
- Requested limits on liability, physical damage, and cargo coverage
Once we receive all the information required above we will determine the amount of insurance coverage needed, look for any trucking accidents on all the truck drivers, run the driving record and determine which commercial trucking insurance company has the best rate.
As with most other vehicle insurance policies, a Commercial Truck Insurance policy consists of a number of coverage types. Each of these types of coverage is designed to protect your specific business as well as your personal assets from devastating loss. The coverage that your trucking company requires may include:
- Liability Coverage – This type of insurance will protect you against liability risks that you will face if you or an employee of yours is involved in an accident and found to be at fault. Your liability insurance will cover bodily injury claims, providing financial support for the medical expenses of the injured party. In addition, your liability coverage will also include property damage incurred in the accident. If legal action is taken out against you because of the accident, the liability coverage on your insurance policy will also cover the cost of your defense regardless if you are found to be at fault or not.
- Physical Damage – This is the type of insurance that you need to pay for the damage to your own vehicle during an accident or because of another incident. Coverage will include both comprehensive damage caused by vandalism, theft, animal, or severe weather, as well as collision damage caused by an accident.
- Underinsured or Uninsured Motorists Insurance* – If your vehicle is damaged or you sustain injuries in an accident that is caused by a party that does not have sufficient auto insurance coverage, this policy will pay for your property damage and injuries. *Please note: This coverage is state specific and can vary depending on where the vehicle(s) are registered. Please allow our educated agents to explain this valuable coverage to you.
- Cargo Coverage – If the items being hauled by your truck is damaged or lost during transport, you will need this type of insurance to cover the incident.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I able to get a policy if I have had a Commercial Driver License (CDL) less than 2 years?
We are able to get you a quote, but there are a limited amount of insurance carriers willing to write a policy. Most trucking insurance carriers require two (2) or more years of trucking experience before being eligible for a policy.
What is the average price of a policy?
Prices range depending on the years of prior insurance, commodities hauled, driving record, radius of operation and CAB Report…just to name a few. The fact is, we’ve seen rates as low as $3,500 per unit cost up to $27,000. The two biggest factors that affect the rate is the distance hauled and the amount of years with prior insurance. Our agents will work with you to get the coverage you need at the best price.
Barbee Jackson Insurance – The Clear Choice
Low Down Payment options to get you on the job sooner
Monthly Payment options that fit your budget
Expert Agents that will show you different policy options
Fast, Accurate Quotes with turnaround time in many cases less than one day
More Options from the leading insurance carriers
Fast certificates of liability insurance
Nationwide coverage is available