Are you running within a radius of 500 miles?
If you Answered YES…then Barbee Jackson Insurance is the answer!!!
We have designed an exclusive program for Short Haul Truckers that operate within a 500 miles radius. Our insurance rates are typically 37% less than our competitors. Stop paying for long haul rates and start paying less for short haul insurance.
Barbee Jackson Insurance Short Haul Trucking program is designed to save you money while getting you the coverage you need. Our program highlights and preferred markets are listed below. Certain markets are ineligible for this program, but available though our standard markets.
Barbee Jackson Insurance Short Haul Trucking Program Highlights and Preferred Markets
- One Month Down
- Electronic Federal Filings
- Cargo Coverage
- Trail Interchange
- New Ventures
- No Finance Charges
- Fleet Discounts
- Dry Van
- Refrigerated Freight (Reefer)
- Sod Farms
- Mulch & Top Soil
- Agriculture (Feed, Grain, Hay)
- Produce & Crops
- Equipment Haulers
- Building Materials
- Household Movers
- Dump Trucks
- Hotshot Carriers
Why Barbee Jackson Insurance For Your Short Haul Insurance?
Working with our experienced agents gives you access to insurance experts that understand the needs of Florida, Georgia, and Alabama Short Haul Truckers. Just a few of the perks include:
- Fast, Accurate Quotes from the leading Commercial Trucking Insurance providers
- More Options by working with multiple insurance providers
- Fast State and Federal Filings done by our agents
- Certificates of Insurance done fast and accurate to get you on the road sooner
- Customized Policies that meet your needs at an affordable price
- The Cheapest Commercial Trucking Insurance rates in the South!
We offer a 100% FREE insurance evaluation. No risk or obligation! Our experienced staff is happy to review your current coverage and advise you on money savings ideas and coverage gaps that you may be missing.
Ready to Talk to One of Our Short Haul Trucking Expert? Call 850-389-2001!!!
Types of Commercial Vehicle
Our program accepts almost all types of commercial vehicles including; semi-trucks, delivery trucks, light use trucks, catering trucks, moving vans/ straight trucks, box trucks, and refrigerated trailers, just to name a few.
Short Haul vs. Long Haul Trucking
Short haul trucking is defined by most insurance carriers as operating within a radius of less than 300 miles (Although our program is designed for truckers operating within a 500 miles radius!). This is the perfect fit for many new drivers and experienced drivers looking for a balance between work and home. Drivers for the transportation market are under high demand and many shippers are turning to short haul truckers to fulfill the need. Typically, short haul truckers get less pay than long haul truckers, but get the advantage of being closer to home and lower costs.
Long Haul Trucking is what most people think of when someone says they are a “Trucker”. Inspired by classic movies like, Convoy, Smokey and the Bandit, and the Sylvester Stallone movie Over the Top,they picture a life on the road… eating at local truck stops and going from one state to another. This type of driver is living the lifestyle of a trucker. They typically travel all over the lower 48 states and spend weeks, if not months, on the road. Much like short haul truckers, long haul truckers are in high demand. Wages per load are higher than short haul and are expected to continue to rise in the foreseeable future. This a result of the industry looking to fill the demand caused by a shortage of experienced drivers.
Coverage Options Available For Florida, Georgia, and Alabama – Short Haul Insurance
- Reefer Breakdown – Provides you protection in the event that your refrigerated trailer breaks down due to mechanical failure of the temperature control system. This coverage will provide insurance for the loss of cargo so you don’t have to.
- Liability – Whether you operate as a long haul or short haul trucker, you will always run into the risk of getting into an accident. That’s why all states require you to carry liability insurance. Your transportation liability insurance will cover bodily injury, provide financial support for medical expenses, and property damage. If legal action is taken out against you because of the accident, your liability insurance will also cover the cost of your defense, regardless if you are found to be at fault or not.
- Loading & Unloading – If you carry the right Short Haul Insurance policy you can help guard yourself against damage when you are loading and unloading cargo. Many short haulers are unaware that the liability portion of the policy does not include damage to the cargo being hauled. That is why you need to consult with an expert insurance agent to make sure you have the right coverage the first time.
- Medical Payments – Provides short haul truckers medical payments to help pay hospital bills resulting from an accident despite who is at fault.
- Physical Damage – This is the type of insurance that you need to pay for the damage to your tractor/trailer during an accident, or because of another covered loss. Coverage will include both comprehensive damage caused by vandalism, theft or severe weather, as well as collision damage caused by an accident.
- Underinsured or Uninsured Motorists Insurance – If your truck/trailer is damaged or you sustain injuries in an accident that is caused by a party that does not have sufficient Auto Insurance coverage, this coverage will pay for your injuries.
Getting Your FREE Quote is Easy!
Because each Short Haul Insurance policy varies greatly according to the type of truck and the way it is used, it is important to work with an agent that knows your needs to match your business to the right carrier.
Fortunately, our experienced agents can save you time and money by comparing options, limits, and deductibles. Do not make the mistake of thinking you have the best coverage available. Allow Barbee Jackson Insurance a chance to show you just how affordable the comprehensive coverage that you deserve can actually be. We give you unbiased advice with the coverage options you need.