Do you own several commercial vehicles that you use in the course of your business? If so you are a commercial fleet operator. Commercial Fleet Insurance operators range from HVAC owners to larger commercial truck operators. Depending on the radius of operation and the type of vehicle, your insurance premiums can vary. That’s why you need to work with an agent that specializes in insuring commercial fleets.
Commercial Truck Insurance Facts
- Insurance carriers divide fleet operators into three classes. Light trucks up to 10,000 pounds which are normally vans, pick-ups and private passenger vehicles. Medium trucks from 10,001 to 20,000 pounds which are larger commercial vehicles. Heavy duty trucks from 20,000 pounds and above. Each class is rated differently based on the size of the truck.
- Trailers are classified from small service or utility trailers to large commercial trailers used to haul large quantities of goods.
- There are more than 5.4 million fleet autos operating in the United States
7 Money Saving Ideas For Your Business Fleet Insurance
- Double check the radius of operation that your policy is rated for. Higher the radius the larger the premiums.
- Double check to make sure the vehicles are rated properly. Light trucks under 10,000 pounds are cheaper to insure than large heavy commercial trucks.
- Vehicle operators can affect the premium. If you have an operator with several tickets or accidents, you could be paying a lot higher premiums.
- Type of business you conduct will affect your insurance rate.
- Captive vs Independent – A captive insurance agent like a State Farm or Allstate agent most likely will not have the same markets as an independent agent who works for several Commercial Fleet Insurance carriers. This could be costing you money.
- GPS – Many commercial fleet operators have their vehicles equipped with GPS. This added safety measure and can drastically reduce the insurance premiums.
- Packaging your General Liability and Commercial Fleet can save you 17% on your insurance premium
Barbee Jackson Insurance: The Clear Choice For Florida Commercial Truck Insurance
Low Down Payment options to get you on the job sooner
Monthly Payment options that fit your budget
Expert Agents that will show you different transportation insurance policy options
Fast, Accurate Quotes with turnaround time in many cases less than one day
More Options from the leading Fleet Insurance Carriers
Fast certificates of liability insurance
Nationwide coverage is available
Getting a Risk Free Quote Is Easy
Because Business Fleet Insurance varies greatly according to the type of vehicle and the way it is used. In most cases, as side-by-side comparison of coverage is nearly impossible.
Fortunately, a Barbee Jackson Insurance agent can help you by comparing options, limits and deductibles. Our experts take the time to get to know your business and the way you use your trucks in order to help you save both time and money. All you have to do is click on the quote request button now and your agent will contact you with a no obligation quote for Commercial Truck Insurance that meets your exact needs.
Do not make the mistake of thinking you have the best coverage available. Allow Barbee Jackson Insurance a chance to show you just how affordable the comprehensive coverage that you deserve can actually be. Get started now before it is too late.