Volcano Disaster Preparedness
BEFORE AN ERUPTION
- Prepare an emergency kit and make a family communications plan. (Click Here)
- Follow evacuation orders issued by authorities.
- Danger from mudflow increases near waterways and with heavy rain. Mudflows can move very fast, so do not cross any bridge if a mudflow is approaching.
- Avoid low-lying areas such as valleys and rivers.
Other useful links:
- USGS Volcano Hazards Program includes activity updates, feature stories, information about volcano hazards and resources.