Georgia Garage Liability Insurance
More Dealerships and Garage Operations across Georgia choose Barbee Jackson Insurance for all their insurance needs. Why? Superior knowledge, fast response, and more options from more garage liability insurance carriers.
Barbee Jackson Insurance is the South’s leading writer of Dealerships, Repair Shops, Collision Centers, and Detailers. Our expert agents specialize in garage operation insurance and can provide you the coverage you need at a price you can afford. Call today to get started (850) 389-2001
How we Save You Money!
What do we Need to get you a Quote?
- Business Name
- Business Address
- Business owner name, date of birth, and driver license number
- Employee list including names, date of birth, and driver license numbers
- Coverage desired
If you don’t know what coverage you need, don’t worry! Our expert agents will work with you to find the right coverages for your operation.
Georgia Car Dealer Insurance Requirements – Insurance Coverage
- $35,000 Surety Bond, also referred to as a Dealer Bond
- $125,000 Garage Liability Insurance
Knowing what the required amount of insurance is to satisfy the State of Georgia is one thing, buying enough insurance to protect you and your dealership is another. The state requires only $125,000 of liability insurance, but in most cases that will not be enough to cover a potential loss. If you or another individual (for example someone test driving) hits another vehicle, building, or person; $125,000 may not be enough to cover the repairs, injuries and/or property damage. This means that you would be held legally liable to compensate the other person in the accident after the $125,000 is exhausted. That’s why we recommend all dealerships to purchase $1,00,000 of liability insurance to cover potential losses. Lower coverage options are available, but not recommended.
Additional Coverage Options
- Dealer Open Lot Insurance provides physical damage coverage for vehicles owned by the dealership. This is a way to protect your investment against losses such as fire, theft, flood, collision, wind, and hail. You protect you home with house insurance, why wouldn’t you protect your inventory with Dealer Open Lot Insurance.
- Business Auto for your tow truck or service vehicle.
- Diminished Value Coverage protects the inventory from loss in vehicle value after a covered loss occurs.
- Errors & Omissions Insurance to protect your business from claims that you are held liable for as a result of a professional negligent act, error, or omission.
- False Pretense Coverage protects the dealership against losses due to voluntarily parting with a vehicle If induced to do so by any fraudulent act, scheme, trick, or purchasing the auto/boat/ATV/etc. from a seller who did not have legal right to sell.
- Garagekeepers Insurance is the opposite of Dealer Open Lot and provides coverage for vehicles not owned by the dealership, such as a customer’s vehicle. This coverage is provided when those non-owned vehicles are in your care, custody, and control.
- Workers Compensation provides wage replacement and medical benefits for employees injured on the job.
- Business Interruption insurance provides income to the dealership in the event a covered loss happens that inhibits the dealership from operating.
- Damage to Rented Premises can be added to a policy to cover against fire loss to a rented premise
- Furnished Auto can be added to a policy to allow owners and/or employees to be able to use the dealership inventory for business and personal use.
- Property insurance for a commercial building
- Business Personal Property insurance for items owned by the business
Barbee Jackson Insurance
Barbee Jackson Insurance is here to help you get the right coverage the first time. Call today to get started (850) 389-2001