Florida continues to see a population growth and they will all need one thing…Heating and Air services and installation. That great news for Florida HVAC Contractors! And we are here to help businesses like yours find the right coverage at the best price.
Barbee Jackson Insurance is one of the leading independent insurance carriers offering great insurance rates for Heating and Air Contractors. We have over 50 insurance carriers that will compete to win your business by offering package insurance policies that include Commercial General Liability, Workers Compensation and Commercial Auto Insurance all with one insurance carrier.
This means you get an insurance bundle discount!
Our HVAC Insurance Program – Insurance Coverage Options
Commercial General Liability Insurance
The most common form of General Liability is an Occurrence Basis Insurance policy. This type of policy will protect the insured from claims that arise during the policy period. The coverage is broken down into six areas.
- Each Occurrence – The maximum amount an insurance company will pay for a claim each time it happens. Limits start as low as $300,000 and as high as $2 Million.
- General Aggregate – The maximum amount an insurance company will pay in a policy period. This is a combination of all claims filed as an occurrence.
- Personal and Advertising Injury – Provides coverage for liability claims arising out of actions such as libel, slander or false advertising.
- Products and Completed Operations Aggregate – Covers for claims and lawsuits related to property damage and injury caused by their product or service.
- Medical Expense – Provides payment of medical claims for someone who is injured at no fault of yours, but is injured on the insured premises.
Commercial Auto Insurance
Do your trucks or vans have a wrap or specialized letter on them? Most of the HVAC contractors we work with would say “Yes” and without the proper coverage these would not be covered in the event of an accident. Like general liability insurance, Commercial Auto has several components and coverage options.
- Combined Single Limit (CSL) – CSL combines Bodily Injury and Property Damage under one coverage option. Limits start as low as $50,000 and go as high as $1 million.
- Comprehensive – Known as Comp is coverage against loss of physical damage to the insured vehicle in the event of theft, fire, natural disaster, falling objects, vandalism or animal strike. In the State of Florida this also included windshield replacement or fix.
- Collision – Covers the vehicle of physical damage in the event the vehicle hits another vehicle or object.
- Permanently Attached Equipment – Many HVAC contractors have wraps or attached tool boxes that need to be covered in the event of an accident. You need to request this coverage to be added to the policy in order to be covered.
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury (UMBI) – Covers your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering in the event you are hit by a driver that does not have insurance or is under insured.
- Medical Payments – Med pay is additional medical coverage.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – The State of Florida is a no fault state, which means if you are involved in an accident and you sustain injuries your insurance policy pays for medical treatment up to $10,000. This coverage is required by state law.
Tools and Equipment and be expensive to replace and are not included on the General Liability policy. You can schedule items to be covered in the event of a loss on an Inland Marine Equipment Floater. Policies are rated by the amount you want to insure such items.
Workers Compensation Insurance
If you have workers then you need Workers Comp to cover them in case of an accident. The State of Florida sets the rate insurance companies can charge based on employee payroll. There are experience modifications that can be applied to the policy to lower the premiums.
Mid to larger sized HVAC contractors will typically want to have a Commercial Umbrella policy. This coverage extends over the Commercial General Liability and Commercial Auto. Limits start at $1 million and can go as high as $10 million.
Why Barbee Jackson Insurance for your Heating and Air Business?
As you can tell, there are a lot of different coverage options you must consider when purchasing a policy. Barbee Jackson Insurance can help you find the right coverage at the best price. Call today to get started (850) 389-2001