Do you own or operate a Hotel or Motel? If so, you are among an elite group of people who put long hours and dedication into a flawless operation. Day in and day out you exemplify patience and customer service to meet your clients’ needs and run a successful business. For all that you put into your business, make sure you are working with an agent who is doing the same for you.
The agents at Barbee Jackson Insurance will provide you with the assistance you need in order make the most informed decision regarding your Hotel and Motel Insurance. You get the benefit of our unbiased advice with the expertise to match you with the right hospitality insurance provider.
What is the difference between a Hotel and a Motel?
The main, defining difference between a Hotel and Motel is the appearance. A Hotel will be multiple stories and have rooms which open to the interior of the building. A Motel is a one to two story building with connected rooms, open walkways and outside entrances to the rooms. Many of the differences between the two no longer apply, such as Motels being rural and Hotels being more urban. Today you may find either in a city or a country road.
What are the Coverage Options Available?
- Commercial Property Insurance – That will protect your building, personal property, inventory and equipment breakdown.
- General Liability – This type of insurance will protect you against liability risks that you will face if you or an employee of yours is involved in an accident and found to be at fault. Your liability insurance will cover bodily injury claims, providing financial support for the medical expenses of the injured party. In addition, your liability coverage will also include property damage incurred in the accident. If legal action is taken out against you because of the accident, your liability insurance will also cover the cost of your defense regardless if you are found to be at fault or not.
- Excess Commercial Umbrella Insurance – Protects you when an accident happens, and your existing liability insurance policy limits are excused.
- Workers Compensation – Provides protection if an employee is injured on the job.
- Cyber Liability – As cyber crimes increase so is the need for hospitality facilities to protect themselves from claims resulting from a data breach of your patron’s information such as credit card numbers.
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance – To protect you against wrongful acts of the employment process, i.e. termination, discrimination, or sexual harassment.
- Business Income & Extra Expense – Provides coverage for loss of income and additional expenses incurred as a result of a covered loss
Getting the right coverage with the right carrier is important, especially for this industry.
For example, in the wake of a natural disaster, displaced individuals will look to stay at a Hotel or Motel while repairs are made to their residence. Additionally, out of town workers coming in to assist with cleanup and repairs will need a place to stay. If your Hotel or Motel suffers a loss, you need a carrier who will get your claim handled fast so that you can be up and running. This is important for the business, as well as to support your local community.
The above mentioned is one small example of the importance of a working with a superior company and agent. Here at Barbee Jackson Insurance we work exclusively with A-Rated carriers to make sure our clients are protected.
Ready to get a Free, No Obligation Hotel or Motel Insurance quote? Call 850-389-2001 or click the icon below on your smartphone.
Why Barbee Jackson Insurance for your Hotel and Motel Insurance?
We understand the coverage you need and we work with the top insurance carriers to find you the best rate the first time. In most cases we can find you insurance for your business the same day! Work with the leader in Hotel and Motel Insurance. Call today 1-850-389-2001