The challenges in the golf industry are many. Declining membership, stagnant profit margins, increased competition, course maintenance problems, among a myriad of other issues.
Don’t let Golf Course Insurance be another problem on the list.
Liability of Golf Course Owner
There is a lot of case law involving injuries incurred on the golf course. Injuries may result from an errant golf ball, person swinging a club, falls, and golf cart accidents. Courts have found that in most cases the fault is the result of the person swinging the golf club or driving the golf cart and the golf course owner is not at fault. But, the golf course owner can be held liable accidents resulting from poorly maintained golf facility. It’s important for golf course owners to maintain the facilities and golf carts on order to avoid a claim. Equally it is important that the golf course owner maintain high policy limits to avoid costly lawsuits.
Craig Brown, a law professor at the University of Western Ontario, published a piece in 2007 in Australia by Scribblers Publishing, “Why Lawyers Love Golf.” Their Craig writes, “golf and the law seem to have been made for each other…On every fairway, in every stretch of rough, in every clubhouse, in every golf bag, at every swing at the ball, in every set of plans for a new course, in every application for club membership, there lurks a potential lawsuit.”
With a simple search on Google you can find over 474,000 results on golf course lawsuits.
When you are working with the professionals at Barbee Jackson Insurance, we understand the issues that are facing the golf industry. We are in the business of insuring golf courses. We have been in the business of insuring golf courses for over 20 years.
10 Reason To Choose Us As Your Florida Golf Club Insurance Provider
- Comprehensive Country Club Insurance Packages – General Liability, Property, Liquor Liability, Workers Compensation, Golf Cart coverage and Auto
- Nets – Packages including the driving range nets can be included
- Tee to Green – Covers tee boxes, putting greens and fairways
- Swimming pool liability included
- Inland Marine – provides coverage for lawn maintenance equipment and vehicles
- Fore!!! – for that stray golf shot that hits a passing vehicle
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance – To protect you against wrongful acts of the employment process, i.e. termination, discrimination, or sexual harassment.
- Liquor Liability – Protects your business against loss resulting from a patron of your business becoming intoxicated and causes bodily harm to themselves or others
- Workers Compensation – Provides protection if an employee is injured on the job
- Personalized insurance plans tailored to your needs
Barbee Jackson Insurance is Florida’s leading Golf Course Insurance agency. We don’t just represent one insurance carrier… we represent hundreds of insurance carriers that want to earn your business by providing superior service, claim handling and most important… professionals who want to work with you to get the coverage you need at the price you deserve.
The questions you must ask yourself:
- Do you have the right Golf Club Insurance policy?
- Is my current agent working to get me the best rate?
- Can I afford not to get a second opinion?
All these questions could be answered with one simple phone call to Barbee Jackson Insurance. We offer a FREE Florida Country Club Insurance evaluation and will even make recommendations to your current policy.
Don’t wait until after the accident happens to find out if you have the right coverage.