Insurance carriers use hundreds of factors to determine your auto insurance rates. Many of these factors you are unable to control, but there are five (5) factors you can control to help save money on your Auto Insurance.
5 Factors To help You Save
- Improve Your Credit – Insurance Carriers have linked higher credit scores to lower accident rates, so higher your credit score, the lower your insurance rates.
- Up Your Limits – The State of Florida mandates you keep a minimum amount of insurance to maintain your driver license. The amount is $10,000 Property Damage and $10,000 PIP or Personal Injury Insurance, with $10,000/$20,000 Bodily Injury in the event of an accident. If you raised your limits to $50,000/$100,000 in Bodily Injury coverage you will save more money in the long run.
- Accidents and Violations – The more accidents and violations the higher your insurance rates will be in the future. Insurance carriers look back three (3) years on all driving records, so keep your driving record as clean as possible.
- Vehicle Safety Features – Advances in technology and safety will bring down your insurance rates. Antilock Brakes and Airbags are now standard in all newer vehicles and new technology such as Vehicle Lane Departure and Backup Cameras are also helping to bring down insurance rates.
- Advance Quote Discount – Don’t wait until the last day your policy expires to get a new auto insurance quote. Many insurers will give an Advance Quote Discount to encourage drivers to look for insurance prior to the expiration date of their current policy.